Thursday, March 13, 2008

Let Your Irish Flag Fly...


We must be close to St. Patrick's Day because there are about 639 "green-themed" races this weekend. Which reminds me of a story...(I'm going to be great at that when I'm a Grandfather).

Way back when, living in Seattle, when my brother and I actually used to run races together regularly, and we had about a 10 year streak going on the St. Patrick's Day Dash - the powers behind the Dash came out with can only be described, affectionately, as the most hideous race shirt of all time in the history of the world! Those of you that were proud owners of the shirt already know which one I'm talking about. Yes, it was the Ireland-flag inspired white shirt with one green sleeve and one orange sleeve. No, I'm not kidding. That shirt was a mismatch for EVERY item of clothing in your closet. I was embarrassed to wear that thing in the back yard for gardening. It was that bad. If anyone still has one, PLEASE send me a photo and I'll post it so everyone can share in the pain. Mine hit the trash can within three months after the race.

March 15 / Basic St. Patrick's 5k / Boise, ID

March 15 / Lucky Clover 10k and 5k / Springfield, OR

March 15 / Runnin' O' the Green 2 mile and 5 mile / Bellingham, WA

March 16 / Shamrock Run 15k, 8k, and 5k / Portland, OR

March 16 / Henry's St. Patrick's Day Dash, 3.5 miles (or so) / Seattle, WA


No, I have no idea who that is in the photo, and it didn't have a credit for the photographer, but hey, he's running through the clover, so I was all for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment