Saturday, November 28, 2009

Happy 25 Years to a Great Run!



Wow, the Seattle Jingle Bell Run is 25 years old! I've got a lot a memories from that race. I've probably run it somewhere between 8-12 times. That was the race that taught me how loud jingle bells could be if you multiplied them by 20,000 or so.

It was also the race where we were hiding in the McDonald's by the Seattle Center, trying to get warm and waiting to meet my brother: he came running in, yelling at us, "I forgot my race number back at my house, we need to go get it!" I looked down at my feet for a moment, then back up, a horrible thought just coming to me. "Hell," I said. "We forgot ours too!" Thus began perhaps the fastest, most dangerous, lunatic, drive from downtown Seattle to Northgate and back in the history of the Puget Sound. We ran from our car into the already started race with our numbers waving around in our hands.

Good times. Goooood times.

And if you're really adventurous, you can run the Bellingham Jingle Bell run on Saturday (I've run that one about 5 times), then turn around and run the Seattle Jingle Bell Run on Sunday.

Hey, why not? It's to fight Arthritis - get out there and run!

RACES FOR WEEK OF DECEMBER 7th TO DECEMBER 13th

December 12th / Jingle Bells Run 8k and 5k / Eugene, OR

December 12th / Solstice Run 5k / Bainbridge Island, WA

December 12th / Girls on the Run 5k / Seattle, WA

December 12th / Christmas Rush 10k and 5k / Kent, WA

December 12th / Run Rudolph Run 5k / Edmonds, WA

December 12th / Jingle Bell Run Against Arthritis 4 miles / Bellingham, WA

December 13th / Jingle Bell Run Against Arthritis 5k / Seattle, WA

No comments:

Post a Comment