Saturday, November 21, 2009

Nike+ Drives Me Crazy!


Now don't get me wrong, I love the Nike+...when it works! Which lately has been infrequently.

If you don't already know, the Nike+ has a little transmitter that slips into a hole in the insole of your Nike shoe and a sensor that fits into your iPod. Working together, they keep track of your distance, pace, calories, etc of your runs. Well, in theory. And I freely admit it - I like the thing. I like watching my totals add up, I like the corny little challenges against other runners, I like the website with the nice graphics.

I DON'T like the fact that it tells me I've gone 2.14 miles when I've actually gone 3.5 miles. I don't like when it tells me I've gone 5.3 miles when I've actually gone 3.5 miles. And yes, it's done both of those things in the past week.

Why don't I calibrate it, you ask? Yeah, I've done that. And done it again. And again. It doesn't matter. Sometimes, it just doesn't want to work right. And you'd think it wouldn't matter what kind of Nike shoes you had, as long as they were designed for the Nike+, right? Wrong. My old Moto's seemed to work pretty well with the Nike+, but then I went to the Tailwind and it wouldn't work at all. I finally got it close by shoving the sensor under my shoelaces instead of under the insole where it belongs. Now I'm back to Moto's again...and it's not working right in the laces or under the insole. Grrrrr...

And please don't tell me to get a Garmin watch. Yes, I love the technology and I'm sure I'd be happy with that side of it, but...I've got these skinny little girl wrists. That thing makes me look like I'm heading to the Ben 10 convention. No thanks.

Nike...please get the damn Nike+ in the shop and fix the bugs! Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment