Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Limbering Up for Nanowrimo...


So we're almost through September. That means we're almost in October. And that means November is right around the corner.

And that means you need to be thinking about Nanowrimo.

One month, 50,000 words. How could it be any more simple?

But you've got to be ready. You've got to be prepared. Trust me, 50,000 words in 30 days (31 days? I don't know...I never learned that stinking rhyme) is not a walk in the park. Start thinking about your plot now. Today. Think about it today. Then think about your plot unfolding. Think about your characters getting in trouble, then getting back out of it.

For God's sake, don't think about vampires. Don't write 50,000 words about vampires! I'm begging you!

Where was I? Oh yeah, I'm planning on limbering up the writing muscles in October by writing my 25 part Christmas Card, called...wait for it..."Advent". I was supposed to write it last year. Didn't happen. This year, I'll work on it in October, hand it over to Jen for Art and Design and to get it ready to post to the web in December. In 25 parts. Maybe we'll mail the first part and the 25th part. Still working out the details...but it will be awesome.

Then in November...

It's Nano time!


Yes, yes I do want to write a "million dollar adventure novel." I think that's a great idea and I would like to subscribe to your newsletter, um...Dr. Ray, is it?

No comments:

Post a Comment