Sunday, February 20, 2011

Cross Training is My Friend


Made it to around seven 'o clock last night and still hadn't done my long run, so I decided to visit Dixon and do a long, indoor Tri Workout instead. So, 600 yards of swimming, 16 miles of biking, and 6 miles of running later, I had in my long workout of the week.

Good decision on my part. I'm smart. Just take my word for it - I wouldn't lie to you.

Today my legs feel WAY better than they usually do after my long Saturday run. A nice change-up. If you've got an old, tired body like me, I would suggest a cross-training workout anytime to give your aching muscles a rest.

Let's race! (Two! Yes, TWO adventure/obstacle course 5k races on the schedule this week!)

RACES FOR WEEK OF FEBRUARY 28th TO MARCH 6th

March 5th / Pineapple Classic 5k / Portland, OR

March 5th / S & M Challenge 5k / Castle Rock, WA

March 5th / Mountain Marathon and Half Marathon / Olympia, WA

March 5th / Snake River Canyon Half Marathon / Pullman, WA

March 5th / Honeywagon Half Marathon and 4 mile runs / Everson, WA

March 5th / Champoeg Park 30k and 10k / Champoeg Park, OR

March 5th / Methow Valley Winter Triathlon / Winthrop, WA

March 5th / Centennial 37 mile trail run / Stateline, ID

March 6th / Lord Hill 50k, 20 mile, 10 mile and 5 mile trail runs / Snohomish, WA

March 6th / Rowland Rd. Run 10k and 5k / Carlton, OR

March 6th / Lincoln City Half Marathon and 10k / Lincoln City, OR

No comments:

Post a Comment