Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Ranchero and Beluga by Rick Gavin



Yep, it's definitely winter.

I haven't run since the CIM on December 2nd. Furthermore, I have no plans to run this month. At all. Furthermore, the weather sucks. Furthermore, I plan to eat every cookie, piece of pie, Dairy Queen Blizzard, and slice of cake that I see between now and January 1st, 2013. Furthermore, once I get to the new year, I plan to be a big, fat cow, so I'll have something to work on once I'm running again.

Sounds pretty bad, right?

Well, there is one reason to enjoy the season...besides the baked goods...there's no better time to slap on your warmest PJ's, snuggle up on the couch (nearby fireplace optional, but preferred), and read a good book.

And I've got two great books for you.

RANCHERO by Rick Gavin.

BELUGA by Rick Gavin.

These are "small" crime novels with absolutely bigger than life characters. I wouldn't want to live in the Mississippi Delta area for any reason, but I wouldn't mind spending some time there with characters Nick Reid and Desmond, who star in both novels. These guys are funny, brutal, honest and all-American.

Gavin really has some talent, plenty of dry wit and can turn an original phrase like nobody's business. Here's a short interview with Gavin.

Pick these two up soon - you won't regret it.


No comments:

Post a Comment