Wednesday, April 16, 2008

I Don't See the Sun Anymore...


Yes, the world is big...and runners are small. That's what I love about it.


So it's April 16th in the beautiful Pac NW...and they're predicting snow for the weekend. Are you freaking kidding me?!? I still haven't been able to mow my entire backyard because it's just a swamp back there. And unfortunately, I am the most fair-weather runner you know. If it's not sunny and hot, then I'm getting on the treadmill in the temp-controlled confines of the Riverside Athletic Club. My wife thinks it's sad and slightly pathetic that I do so many of my runs on the treadmill, and I don't totally disagree, but for me the only thing worse than a treadmill run is an outdoor run where I'm cold and miserable and end up cutting my route in half so I can come back home and sit in front of the tube. At least I always finish my scheduled runs when I'm on the treadmill.

But rain, snow or shine, there's a bunch of races both this weekend and next:

April 26 / Leadman Sprint Tri (Downhill ski leg instead of swim) / Kellogg, ID

April 26 / Miles for Memories 5k / Bellingham, WA

April 26 / Western Oregon University Sprint Triathlon / Monmouth, OR

April 26 / Tom Wales Community Run 5k / Seattle, WA

April 26 / Sean's Run from Autism 5k and 10k / Portland, OR

April 26 / Eagle Run 10k, 5k, and 1 mile Kid's Dash / Oak Harbor, WA

April 26 / Capitol Peak Ultras - 50 mile and 55k / Olympia, WA

April 26 / Hawk Run 5k / Redmond, WA

April 27 / Olivia Medici Memorial 10k and 5k / Beaverton, OR

April 27 / Leadership Dash 5k / Eugene, OR

April 27 / Mt. Rainier Duathlon - Long and Short Courses / Enumclaw, WA

April 27 / Seattle Public Schools Boardwalk 5k / Seattle, WA

April 27 / See Spot Run 5k / Yakima, WA

No comments:

Post a Comment