Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Me...and Every Single Race In Corvallis


I've got a crazy idea for 2011. Crazy like a fox!

Nah, I just like to say that. Really, it's just plain crazy. See, I'm thinking of running every single race that's held in Corvallis in 2011.

And triathlons.

Crazy right? Well, it wouldn't work in Seattle. Or Portland. It probably wouldn't even work in Eugene. Too many days with multiple races on the same day. But Corvallis? Yeah, it could work. I only see a few days that have more than one race. And Corvallis is a small town. If the races start at least an hour apart, I'm looking pretty good.

If I run into real trouble, I might just have to pick and choose one or the other on certain days, but that sort of takes the fun out of it. Because really, it's the "every" in saying "every single race" that makes it special.

There is one that scares me...a 50k ultra. Haven't decided if I'm going to try to weasel out of ultras yet. We'll see what kind of shape I'm in starting on Jan. 1, 2011.

So are you with me?

The R's Running Down Corvallis!

Oooh, I like it. Maybe I'll have shirts printed up...

No comments:

Post a Comment