Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Best Running Song for June!


OK, let me explain...see, my formative years were spent listening to AC/DC and Van Halen and Judas Priest and Kiss and the Scorpions and Cheap Trick and Lord help me, Ted Nugent. Dude, when you're 12 years old and you've got Free-For-All on the Pioneer tape deck in your Brother's Malibu turned up to 11...well, that stays with you. Sometimes I just can't help myself, I've got to listen some actual ROCK.

Of course, when the late 90's - early 00's came around, and Limp Bizkit, Korn, Puddle of Mudd, Linkin Park, and the Deftones came on the scene, I wasn't totally bummed out. I mean half of them were complete posers, but at least they played hard, fast rock that you could actually run to (even if it was on a friggin' huge cd player because you hadn't even heard of an MP3 player yet!)

And it's from that group of rockers that we're going to grab this month's Best Running Song. It's from a one and done band called Saliva and the song is "Your Disease." Hey, any song that has the lyric, "wearin' dark glasses like a cop in Texas," can't be all bad.

And there's just no doubt, this Saliva video is chock-full of tasty 2001 goodness. You got your dumb cops, your fast cars, tats, piercing, silicone, and endless rock-god posing. It's just good.

Plus, this truly is a great song to run to - it's a 5k pace song for sure.

Have fun out there.

Past Best Running Songs:
May: Metric / "Gold Guns Girls"
April: OK Go / "This Too Shall Pass"
March: The Hours / "Ali In The Jungle"
February: Los Fabulosos Cadillacs / "El Matador"
January: White Rabbits / "Percussion Gun"
December: Deftones / "Knife Prty"
November: The Kooks / "Always Where I Need To Be"
October: At the Drive In / "One Armed Scissor"
September: Silversun Pickups / "Lazy Eye"
August: Joe Strummer and the Mescaleros / "Johnny Appleseed"
July: Deathray / "I Wanna Lose Control (Uh Oh)"
June: Raconteurs / "Salute Your Solution"
May: Tea Party / "Save Me"
April: Bloc Party / "Like Eating Glass"
Ever: The English Beat / "I Confess"

No comments:

Post a Comment