Wednesday, October 5, 2011

The Oatmeal Runs an Ultra!


I'm not sure how I missed this, but the writer of The Oatmeal site recently ran the White River 50 miler.

If you don't know The Oatmeal, well, you clearly don't get out enough and probably lead a joyless, pathetic existence, so...yeah, sorry about that. But read it already!

All you need to know about the greatness of his race review is this line right here: "After you've been running for 8+ hours every little thing becomes an incredible luxury; at mile 21 I drank a cup of flat Mountain Dew and I swear it tasted like unicorn tears. At mile 43 I ate a PB&J sandwich and it was like eating the entrails of a fallen angel."

Oh, and if it's your first day on the internet, included in his race report is swearing and other naughty stuff that may offend your delicate ears. And that should send all my middle school readers running right over... For my middle-age, male readers...LOOK, BOOBIES!

Oh, and if you're curious, here are the results of the White River 50. Yes, Mr. Oatmeal, Matthew Inman, did indeed finish, with a 11:29:25.

Congrats Matt!

No comments:

Post a Comment