Friday, October 12, 2012

Five Years...Ten Posts: Part 2


As we count down the days to The Two R's Fifth Anniversary, we continue to look back at some of my favorite posts.

Today, at number nine, we're not looking back at my favorite post...we're looking at yours. And frankly, it's not even close.

I've written about Jenn Shelton only a handful of times in the past five years, but those are some of the most popular posts ever. And the post below truly has no equal. A usual post at the R's attracts maybe 20-50 hits. A good post between 50-100. Anything over 100, I consider solid. As an example, my recent review of the Nike Pegasus 29 is rolling quickly toward 200 hits. That's a good post.

The Jenn Shelton Goes for the Title post, from June 1, 2010...has over 18,000 hits! Yes, 18,000.

Why? Well, the obvious reason is that swimsuit. There are a lot of guys out there on the interwebs, my friends...and they all enjoy a good swimsuit.

Of course, it doesn't hurt that Jenn Shelton is the sweetheart of Born to Run, speaks her mind ever so clearly on her Twitter feed, and is a hell of a runner.

But yeah, it's the swimsuit.


JENN SHELTON GOES FOR THE TITLE!

Yeah, that would be the title of Oregon's Hottest Runner! Well, she won the Pear Blossom Ten Miler too, but c'mon, let's focus here!

I realize that Kara Goucher is at a bit of a disadvantage here, being pregnant and whatnot, but hey, I've got nothing against pregnant women - it's just hard when you're trying to battle against Shelton's swimsuit!

That thing has got to be homemade right? I mean...it's got pears on it! That swimsuit does bring back some bad memories of Borat, but Shelton somehow makes it work.

Bonus points for the look on the guy's face that's running beside her. I'm guessing lots of guys would have been running with her...if they could have kept up.

Go Jenn!


Thanks to RaceCenter for the photo. Which reminds me...I was supposed to talk about my new article for RaceCenter, but I got distracted. Tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment