Monday, September 23, 2013

McDonald Forest Trail 15k Prep



The next race on the schedule is the McDonald Forest Trail 15k, so I've spent the last two weekends trying to hit the hills a bit. Yesterday's workout is above. I ran basically the exact distance, a 15k, and nearly the exact elevation gain that we'll be running on October 27th, so it was a good workout. I pretty much had done no hill training while I was training for the Skagit Flats Marathon, so it's been quite a while since I struggled up big hills like this. The downhills are proving to be the biggest issue so far though. My left knee has not been real happy with the sudden pounding I've been inflicting on it. Hopefully, it will come around as I spend a little more of the Autumn on the trails.

See you out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment