Thursday, October 30, 2008

One more day...


Only one more day until November and then I'll be writing a novel instead of doing my full-time, almost-minimum-wage-plus-awesome-benefits job of informing the world about races to run in the NW, sooooo...we better do another race calendar before it's too late.

But first, let's talk playground equipment. Now Corvallis is pretty much on the cutting edge in parks, trails, and playground equipment, but (and this is a big but) in Avery Park, there's some old-school equipment. I'm talking Spanish Inquisition, old-school equipment. Check out that medieval torture device in the photo - that's solid steel, my friends. No safety plastic or rubber equipment here. If you can get through that "toy" without skinned knees, cut elbows, and a black eye, you're more spry than my kids. "Payton! If I've told you once, I've told you a thousand times, don't torture your sister in the Metal Hive of Terror!"

RACES FOR WEEK OF NOVEMBER 17th TO NOVEMBER 23rd

November 22nd / EWEB Run to Stay Warm Half-Marathon, 10k and 5k / Eugene, OR

November 22nd / GBRC Turkey Trot 5k / Bellingham, WA

November 22nd / Turkey Trot 4 Mile run / Clarkston, WA


Gotta be one of the slowest running weeks of the year...good luck finding a race to run.

No comments:

Post a Comment