Wednesday, July 13, 2011

How Fast Can a Human Run?


Yeah, I know we've talked about this before, like right here, but this is an interesting article all the same.

Chuck Klosterman, over at ESPN.com, spends a little time thinking about the top-end limit on human speed. As I said, frankly, the sprinting stuff has been said before, and I don't find the 100m all that exciting anyway, but I like his point about sprinting vs. long distance running. That said, I'm not sure what Christopher McDougall is talking about with the hype around sprinting being "sexist." What? Because men are faster than women in sprinting? Well, they're faster at the marathon too - I don't see it.

Anyway, nice to read any kind of running article at ESPN. That's pretty rare.

Yeah, the photo: enter "fastest human" into Google images and the first 7 photos are of Usain Bolt. The eighth photo is this guy. Yeah, he looks fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment