Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Super-Fast 2011 Year in Review!


First, let me say, I hope you all had a Happy New Year. Second, let's make 2012 the best year yet for our new goals. PR's for everyone!

So, I just wanted to give a quick run-down of my running (and tri) year in 2011. I'm a big believer in keeping track of every workout and every race, comparing monthly totals, tracking what works and what doesn't, and trying to make improvements year after year.

So let's see how 2011 went...

First, you already know the numbers on the races, right?

Running Races: 24
Triathlons: 2

Total Miles Run (Workouts and Races): 994.65 miles
Best Month: December - 119.50 miles
Easiest Month: January - 62.10 miles

That definitely won't be the case this January, as I'm transitioning into my marathon training schedule.

Total Distance Bike (on roads and stationary): 1350 miles
Total Distance Swim (in the pool...and in the ocean in Hawaii): 90,000 yards (approx.)

My biking and swimming numbers started out very well, early in the year, but as I got in better running shape, these totals really fell off by the end of 2011. I just was running more and cross-training less.

By far the best swim of the year was a 60 min epic in a very rough surf off of Ka'anapali, Maui during our summer vacation. I was totally beaten and battered by big waves and wind during the entire swim. And I absolutely loved it. There's nothing better than swimming in warm ocean water. Ah Hawaii...

Beginning weight: 197.0 (January 3, 2011)
Ending weight: 176.4 (December 27, 2011)

And now, of course, comes the hard part. I'd like to drop about another 10-15 pounds by summer 2012. I'd really like to run my goal races this year at 165 lbs or less. We'll see...

I hope your 2011 went as well as mine. Only bigger and better goals for 2012...which we'll discuss very soon.


Photo: I've got to admit, I don't remember this movie at all (maybe a 25% at rottentomatoes.com would explain why), but 2011 was a good year, so it seemed appropriate.


176

No comments:

Post a Comment