Saturday, January 17, 2009

Zena, Goddess of War and Road Runs...forgive me...


Yeah, the Zena thing? See below.

So, while there may be absolutely nothing worse than being injured and not being able to work out, there's not much better than finally being healthy and getting back on the train. The training train. The Crane Train to Mental Well Being. Sorry, just a "Frasier" flashback there. But I'm back running again, as you can see from my happy little Nike Mini-Me and man, it feels good. I'm like an afterschool special in the flesh. You know, not the first 45 minutes of self-doubt and heartache, but the last 15 minutes of redemption and glory. Yeah, that's me.

Let's race.

RACES FOR WEEK OF JANUARY 26th TO FEBRUARY 1st

February 1st / Fitness for Vitality 10k and 5k / Seattle, WA

February 1st / Zena Road Runs 15k, 6mi, 3mi / Salem, OR

February 1st / Super Sunday Survivor Indoor Triathlon / Vancouver, WA (Could it be? Yes, it is. The first tri of the year!)

OOOOF! Why didn't anyone mention the Zena Road Runs when I was writing the article that will appear in next month's RaceCenter Magazine? You know, the article about the longest running races in the NW? You know, the one that mentioned a number of races that have been around for 35, or 37 or even 40 years? Yeah, that one. Do you think I mentioned the 41st Annual Zena Road Runs in that article? Nope, I sure didn't. Doh!

Yes, the photo is from the Zena Road Run in 2004...some kind of penance for my sins. That's the 6-miler winner Haille Price.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for your comment on my blog. Congratulations on being able to get out and run again. Also thanks for keeping your readers informed of runs coming up in the Pacific Northwest, I may decide to run one of them eventuallt.

    Melissa

    ReplyDelete