Thursday, December 15, 2011

EPIC 2011 Goes Out with a Whimper


That's right, the grand experiment that was EPIC 2011 is officially over, since race number 28 on the year, the OAC Holiday Multisport Classic, has been canceled.

Why the race website is still up and looking like there's a race? I couldn't tell you. I just know the OAC called me yesterday and said, "how do you want us to refund your money?"

Cash, please. Always cash.

Apparently, they canceled the race due to lack of participants. It's really too bad - I was sort of looking forward to this one. I mean, if I had to design a race for myself, it would pretty much be a sprint triathlon without that pesky bike leg getting in the way. Which is exactly what the OAC Aquathlon was going to be: a 5k run and a 400 meter swim.

That's money, baby!

Alas, it was not to be.

So, just like that, I'm done! No more races in Corvallis in 2011. Wow. I'm not quite sure what to do with myself.

Well, that's totally not true. I have big plans afoot for 2012. But that will have to wait for a little later.

So over the next couple weeks, look forward to:

-EPIC 2011 Review, Highlights and Lowlights!

-Year of 2011 look back: training, what went right, what went wrong, and where to go from here!

-Preview of the next huge goal the R's has on the block for 2012!

Thanks for taking the EPIC journey with me in 2011. It was good, clean fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment