Friday, December 2, 2011

Active.com...$6.65?!? Really?!?


So I'm going to sign up for the Newport Marathon, a great Boston qualifier if you're interested (we'll discuss this more later). And I'm signing up online because that's just how I roll. I don't like it, but I'll usually pay a couple extra bucks for the convenience of online registration.

So the sign-up is through Active.com, and from past experience, I'm already getting a bad feeling. But nothing could prepare me for the the amount Active was trying to sneak on the bill for "processing." The amount was, seriously, $6.65. On an $80 registration fee. Almost 10% of the bill added on top. For "Processing."

Give me a break, Active.com. There's no way I'm paying $6.65 for you to "process" my registration.

I closed the window and mailed in my registration. Snail-Mail. With a .44 stamp, thanks very much.

I encourage you to do the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment