Tuesday, October 8, 2013

More Hill Work on the Trails



Still getting ready for the McDonald Forest Trail 15k. And the wife and I found a new route into McDonald Forest. If you're a Corvallisite (Corvallisian?), just head north on 29th until you run out of road and then park. Pow, there's the Forest.

As you can see from the map above, I wasn't too familiar with the trails in that section, so I've got a few dead ends where I turned around and headed back the way I had just been. I also spent a little bit longer standing and looking at trail signs than I usually do, but it was all good.

Had some good ups and downs for race prep.



Ran into a little bit of mud, but not bad really. And the sun was out and the day was gorgeous, so it was nice to be able to enjoy that at least one more time before the rains really come.

See you on the 27th.

No comments:

Post a Comment