Wednesday, October 2, 2013

1000 Posts and 5000 Kilometers



Well, we've come to 1000 posts here at the R's. Hard to believe I could say so much about so little, but there you go.

I thought I'd celebrate the occasion by showing off the fact that I finally made it to the "black" level at Nike+.

There was a time, back in the day, when I wanted to get to the black level of Nike+ so bad. You fly through the first few levels, then the green and the blue are a bit of a slog. I thought I'd never get to purple. I finally did, but then purchased a Garmin and...well, so long Nike+. I would be at the purple level forever. Or so I thought. Now, of course, you can buy an iPod and the Nike+ is just there. Nothing to buy, so I figured "why not?" I started using the system again (it's so pretty! look at those colors!) whenever I ran with my iPod, though I'm not nearly so fanatic about it as I was long ago.

Even so! When I hit the black level a couple of weeks ago, I couldn't help but think, "I finally made it, Ma! I'm on the top of the world!" Yes, I was at the very top of the Nike+ mountain. None could best me now.

Wait. What?



Why, those little Nike bastards. They went and added another level after the black level while my back was turned. Unbelievable.

And not a cool level like purple or black. Damn, those are real colors. Something a king would be proud to wear. No, they added the "volt" level. For god's sake, that's not even a color. That's something the Oregon Ducks thought up to sell more t-shirts! Volt? Really?

Damn you, Nike...

No comments:

Post a Comment