Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Last Portland Tri Post...I Promise!



You know, it's easy to figure out how the elite athletes train. Pick up Runner's World or head over to Running Times' website and they'll be only too happy to show you how the elite train. But, you want to see how an old guy, with two kneebiters at home, a normal 9-5 and a horrible addiction to dark chocolate trains? Where do you go then, right?

Right here, that's where.

Here's a little movie from the Portland Tri weekend showcasing my pre-race, race, and post-race. Note the extreme lack of preparation, confidence and sleep. Also note the large cheesey bagel in my hand shortly before the race - I swear to you, that thing was my wife's! I was just holding it! Listen closely to where I explain to Carson and Payton how the race organizers must be planning on getting us out of the water and back onto the dock, "They must put a ramp or ladder over it."

I'm so naive sometimes, it actually hurts.

No comments:

Post a Comment