Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Best Written Book of All Time?


With Nanowrimo right around the corner, I've been thinking about well-written books. What it takes to plan one, what it takes to research one, and of course, what it takes to write one.

And tonight, after reading The Cat in the Hat by Dr. Seuss, I think that particular children's book may be the finest example of writing of all time.

No. I'm not kidding.

Yes. I'm completely serious.

If you don't own a copy (and shame on you!) then go ahead and check it out from the library. Bring it home. And read it.

But don't just read it; read it out loud. Read it out loud like I did when I read it for the 101st time, to my daughter, tonight. Read it out loud and feel the flow, feel the rhythm, feel the energy and the heart that's poured into it.

Then think about how you could do something just as wonderful and powerful and fantastic yourself starting on November 1st.

Imagine the lives you could touch with your writing...

"Have no fear, little fish."


Some fun facts about "The Cat in the Hat", and the word cloud, come from best-children's-books.com. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment