Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Flippers? I mean, come on, filppers!?!


To get ready for triathlons, it's always a good idea to get out into the open water and do some lake swimming or some river swimming or, God forbid here in the NW, some ocean swimming. Even so, you're going to be in the pool more often than not. It's just the way it is. Hundreds and hundreds of hours of pool laps will always be the norm with a couple hours of open water swimming mixed in.

And let me tell you, there's nothing more boring than swimming laps in your normal 25 yard/meter pool.

So how do you spice up the laps? Well, much like sneaking a look at the guy on the treadmill next to you and nodding knowingly when you realize he's running 0.1 mph slower than you are, in the pool, I have to race the person in the next lane whether they know it or not. Anything to pass the time, right?

So what is the only thing that can ruin my fun? Yeah...flippers. C'mon! Why are you swimming laps with flippers on? How am I supposed to feel superior when the 80 year old grandma beside me, with the HUGE flippers, is keeping up with me?

It's just not right.


Thanks to Bahama Rentals for the photo. Next time you're in the Bahamas, be sure to look them up.

No comments:

Post a Comment