Sunday, January 3, 2010

The Year in Review, Part I


Well, what do you know? It's twenty-ten. That's a fun one to say: "Twenty-Ten!" Let's face it, "two thousand and nine" was a bit wordy, so I'm happy to be in the new decade.

And now, we can look back at the year that was in running. Probably not as good as some years, but definitely better than others. And the most important part: it was mostly injury-free. Yes! After I spent the entire month of December 2008 not being able to bend over even enough to put on my socks, this year was a lovely change indeed.

So after studying the 2009 Nike+ numbers, it looks like this: slow start, strong summer, winding down a bit in the Fall, then a great December as I look toward 2010 and my first marathon since 1996! Fourteen years, baby! And I'm back! Look out Eugene! I can't stop using exclamation points!

Now where was I? Oh yeah, running...oddly, my worst month of the year, October, was the month I ran the Cowtown Half-Marathon in Sacramento. Shortly after, I shut it down for three weeks to rest my sore quad. And my best month was the month just ended, December, with 69 miles for the month. Not world class, but pretty good for me.

So for the year, I logged 583 miles on the Nike+, ran for more than 84 hours, and burned more than 75,000 calories!

That's nothing...just wait for the 2010 totals!

1 comment: