Thursday, April 7, 2011

How to Hydrate for a 50k Trail Run?


Trying to decide how I want to hydrate for the McDonald Forest 50k Trail Run coming up in May. I've never had to carry my own water in a race before, but I think I'll need it in this one.

I don't think I want to carry water bottles. I hate the feeling of carrying something. I like to have my hands free. And I think it would tire me out to boot.

So that leaves a Camelback type or a "bottle-belt" around the waist. I'm leaning toward the Fuel Belt type around the waist, but if you're an experienced trailer, please let me know what you think!

Let's Race!

RACES FOR WEEK OF APRIL 18th TO APRIL 24th

April 23rd / Falcon 15k Relay and 5k Run / Hillsboro, OR

April 23rd / Running for Risa Marathon, Half Marathon and 5k / Gaston, OR

April 23rd / Monument Peak 15k Trail Run / Gates, OR

April 23rd / Earth Day Run 10k and 5k / Tigard, OR

April 23rd / Squak Mountain 50k, Half Marathon and 12k Trail Runs / Issaquah, WA

April 23rd / Gateway 5k / Poulsbo, WA

April 23rd / Cougar Community 5k / Vancouver, WA

April 23rd / Spring into Summer 5k / Richland, WA

April 23rd / Fun with the Fuzz 5k / Bellingham, WA

April 23rd / SJ Beat the Egg 5k / Seattle, WA

April 23rd / Run the Ridge 10k and 5k / Lebanon, OR

April 23rd / Wine Country 5k / Lorane, OR

April 23rd / Run to STOP Sex Trafficking 10k / McMinnville, OR

April 23rd / Rolling Hills 10k and 5k / Heppner, OR

No comments:

Post a Comment