Sunday, June 26, 2011

Bonk Happy with Sport Beans


For something completely different, let's give Sport Beans a whirl. Cool beans! Right?

Well, first, these little guys are tasty. They're tart and juicy and only slightly sweet. Nothing like regular jelly beans, which is impressive, considering Sport Beans are made by none other than Jelly Belly themselves.

So the first ingredient on these is Cane Juice, then Tapioca Syrup, then citric acid, then a bunch of juices. They've got B1, B2, B3, and Vitamin C. No fat, and only 100 calories per bag.

I was a little worried about trying to eat these during a run. I could just picture myself tossing one down my throat and having to get the Heimlech from some biker going by. But they're actually much softer and chewier than regular jelly beans - I think they'd be fine during a race.

You should be able to find these at about a buck per bag. Not cheap, because they go pretty fast, but not outrageous either.

I was expecting something close to Clif Bloks with these, but they're way, WAY, better than those. I'd definitely try these again.

Let's say 8 Bonkers out of 10...maybe 9. They're good.

No comments:

Post a Comment