Friday, August 26, 2011

Sometimes a run is just a run...




Sometimes you just don't get a chance to do an exciting run. Trees, trails, sunsets, ocean, beaches, vistas...nope, sometimes you get none of it.

Case in point, my run last night. Dixon is closed for two weeks. The wife is out of town at an art show. I'm in charge of the kids. It's hotter than Hades outside.

Sometimes, things just conspire against you. So last night, at about 10:00 pm, after the kids and grandparents were finally in bed, I went for my run.

And then we have Problem Number Two... Although we have an awesome bike/running path right by my house, it's totally dark. No lights on the trail at all. There are also very few lights and/or sidewalks around my house - it's just not the type of neighborhood where you can go on a long run. It's a newer development; not like living in downtown Corvallis. So...

I ended up doing the Safeway - Bi-Mart - Burger King loop! Multiple times! Hey, it's lit, and it's fairly flat, and it doesn't have a whole lot of traffic coming in and out of the driveways at ten at night. Not too exciting, that's for sure, but...

Sometimes you've just got to do what you've got to do.

If you're a runner.

No comments:

Post a Comment