Saturday, August 20, 2011

The PR List!


So maybe all of you "real" runners out there already have this...but I just spent some time working up my "PR" list. Of course, I'm not a spring chicken anymore, so I actually made two lists: one for "All-Time PR's" and one for "Masters PR's."

So obviously, not many of the Masters PR's are present among the All-Time PR's, but there are a few. One is the marathon, mainly because I've only run two marathons in my life, one before I was 40 and one after. Let me tell you, neither time is anything worth bragging about, but hey, when you're 44, any All-Time PR you can set is an accomplishment.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Anyway, I'd love to crack a few more of those All-Time PR's. The 5k and 8k times will be tough. Respectively, they're 14% and 20% faster than my best time as a Master. That's a lot. But the 10k and up are all very achievable. Well, I may never run a 50k again in my life, but considering that the one I ran in May (the Mac 50) had about 8000 feet of climbing, I'm thinking it may not be that hard to best that one.

Oh, and the Olympic Tri PR, which I already hold as a Master, looks like a good bet to be lowered as well.

This should be fun...

No comments:

Post a Comment