Thursday, June 7, 2012

Justin's vs. Nutella



It's been almost two full years now since I made the decision to go Pescetarian, and I could not be happier. I don't miss beef, chicken, or pork at all (well...once in a while I do miss homemade pork chili verde that's been in the crock pot all day long...but that's the only thing).

Two of the big reasons I don't miss it: I can still eat chocolate and peanut butter!


And no, I'm not immune to the tastiness of Nutella. But let's face it, that stuff is evil in a jar. First two ingredients? Sugar. And Palm Oil. Ouch.

So we've been looking for a decent replacement. And we found it: Justin's!

Justin's is incredible. It's some of the yummiest stuff I've ever put on a bagel, or a pancake, or a piece of toast...or a spoon. And the first two ingredients in Justin's? Hazelnuts and almonds. Justin's is a little pricy, but I'll tell you a secret: the Justin's Chocolate Peanut Butter is just as good...and a lot cheaper.

Now I'm not going to try to tell you Justin's is health food. Anything made with nuts and chocolate is going to have a lot of fat and a lot of calories, but comparing it to Nutella, or most major brand peanut butter, isn't even a contest.

Justin's wins!

No, my friend, you win.

No comments:

Post a Comment