Monday, August 3, 2009

Best Running Song for August!


Yes, it's that time again. Time to bump your running up a level with the help of some sweet, sweet music.

This month I've got something just a touch slower than my usual, but the energy in this song is just so great, you can't help but kick your pace up a little when it comes on the iPod. The song is called "Johnny Appleseed" and it's by none other than the great Joe Strummer! Long after the Clash was a memory, Joe Strummer hooked up with some younger guys calling themselves the Mescaleros and they seemed to energize Strummer's music. This song just has an amazing vibe. It actually gives me chills even after hearing it 100 times. Great, great song.

If you're looking for a version with a little less energy and a little more soul, check out the version from Letterman...nice.

Joe, rest in peace, buddy. I hope they have some old Clash vinyl up there.


Past Best Running Songs:
July: Deathray / "I Wanna Lose Control (Uh Oh)"
June: Raconteurs / "Salute Your Solution"
May: Tea Party / "Save Me"
April: Bloc Party / "Like Eating Glass"
Ever: The English Beat / "I Confess"

No comments:

Post a Comment