Sunday, October 18, 2009

A New R in Print...


Seems like it's been a long time, but I'm finally on the newsstands again. The new issue of RaceCenter has my latest article, titled: "Strands That Connect." And it's about...Strands.com. Man, I'm so creative when it comes to titles, right?

So anyhoo, Strands.com is basically a site for athletes that like Facebook. If you can't stand the world not knowing what you're doing this very day about your running, or biking, or swimming, or whatever, then Strands is the site for you. I'm actually not much of a Facebook fan, and I'm not sure how much I'll use Strands either, but if you take the time to set it up right, you really don't need to do a lot. It will grab your workouts from Garmin or Nike+, it will grab your blogs from Blogger, it will grab your routes from MapMyRun and Garmin...so really, you don't have to do much once you're set up.

If you're one of those people though, Strands can really be a time-waster. You'll be on there posting about how you just walked 1/32 of a mile coming back from the fridge.

Let's see, what else? It's actually a pretty thin issue - Brook must have been working on the upcoming 2010 RaceCenter Event Guide. That one is always thick! We've got the usual training and nutrition columns and "Vive La Marathon" from TV Weather Dude Matt Zaffino plus "What Can XC Skiing Do For Me?" by J.D. Downing. I can tell you it won't do anything for me because I'm not doing it! I don't like the cold, and that's that.

There's the Cliff Notes for this issue. See you next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment