Monday, September 7, 2009

Best Running Song for September!


Here we are in September. The summer is pretty much over, the days are getting shorter, and as I experienced in my long run yesterday, the sunshine is no longer guaranteed. There will be days with wind, there will be days with rain, there may even be days where the treadmill is truly the only good option.

And on days like that, there's nothing like a good song to get your feet moving. I know there are some naysayers out there, people that spout off with things like "if you can't motivate yourself, then maybe you shouldn't be a runner." You know what I say to those people?

"Bite me."

Sometimes it's tough to get motivated to run. That's a fact. But me and the Silversun Pickups are here to help. If there's anything a band needs to get on my iPod, it's a drummer that isn't afraid to get the beat going, and the Pickups have all of that going on. Just check out their drummer on Letterman here...man, he gets busy. The song is called "Lazy Eye" and the lead singer has a great voice and isn't a half-bad guitar player either. Plus, the Pickups have a female bass player that fully qualifies under Bill Simmons' theory of Female Musician Hot. I think this one will get you going.

If you like that one, check out this little number: the wonderfully named "Well Thought Out Twinkles."


Past Best Running Songs:
August: Joe Strummer and the Mescaleros / "Johnny Appleseed"
July: Deathray / "I Wanna Lose Control (Uh Oh)"
June: Raconteurs / "Salute Your Solution"
May: Tea Party / "Save Me"
April: Bloc Party / "Like Eating Glass"
Ever: The English Beat / "I Confess"

No comments:

Post a Comment