Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Best Running Song for February!


It's bilingual education time, kids.

You know, there once was a time when lyrics were about 60%, maybe 70%, of the song for me. Those words of pain and anguish sounded like TRUTH!

Yeah, but that was when I was 13 and my girlfriend had just broken up with me ("Damn you, Patty Krienke!"). Now, the lyrics are lucky to be 10%, maybe 15%, of the song for me. It's all about the music, and the beat, to get my feet moving at that mystical 7:39 pace (my Boston pace).

So when I first heard Los Fabulosos Cadillacs and El Matador on the Grosse Point Blank soundtrack, it really didn't even matter that the lyrics were in Spanish...that song rocked! And it's fantastic on the iPod as well. It's got that full sound with the huge band - drums, guitars, keyboards, horns - it's got a bit of a ska sound to it that a lot of Latin music has. It's all good.

Now the video? Well, I don't know what the hell is going on there...

Looking for a few other cool Latin tunes to run with...or just need to study your Spanish? The R's is here for you:

Try Circo, or Crisantes, or Manu Chao, or Pastilla.


Past Best Running Songs:
January: White Rabbits / "Percussion Gun"
December: Deftones / "Knife Prty"
November: The Kooks / "Always Where I Need To Be"
October: At the Drive In / "One Armed Scissor"
September: Silversun Pickups / "Lazy Eye"
August: Joe Strummer and the Mescaleros / "Johnny Appleseed"
July: Deathray / "I Wanna Lose Control (Uh Oh)"
June: Raconteurs / "Salute Your Solution"
May: Tea Party / "Save Me"
April: Bloc Party / "Like Eating Glass"
Ever: The English Beat / "I Confess"

No comments:

Post a Comment