Sunday, April 4, 2010

Best Running Song for April!


This month, The R's is choosing a great song...and a great video! In fact, this catchy little tune, called "This Too Shall Pass" by the band OK Go has got the best video, since...since...

Well, since OK Go's last great video: Here It Goes Again.

This is truly the ultimate in Rube Goldberg Machines! More elaborate than anything even Pee Wee Herman came up with. I've heard there are some hidden cuts in it, but who cares? It's awesome!

And the song has a nice tempo for a midrange run - I'm thinking maybe a 10k or Half-Marathon. Good vocals, nice drum beat...and I can dance to it! I give it a 47! (American Bandstand reference for those old-timers like me.)

Catch another cool version here: live with a marching band.

And OK Go's performance on the Jimmy Kimmel Show.

Past Best Running Songs:
March: The Hours / "Ali In The Jungle"
February: Los Fabulosos Cadillacs / "El Matador"
January: White Rabbits / "Percussion Gun"
December: Deftones / "Knife Prty"
November: The Kooks / "Always Where I Need To Be"
October: At the Drive In / "One Armed Scissor"
September: Silversun Pickups / "Lazy Eye"
August: Joe Strummer and the Mescaleros / "Johnny Appleseed"
July: Deathray / "I Wanna Lose Control (Uh Oh)"
June: Raconteurs / "Salute Your Solution"
May: Tea Party / "Save Me"
April: Bloc Party / "Like Eating Glass"
Ever: The English Beat / "I Confess"

No comments:

Post a Comment