Sunday, May 22, 2011

Best Running Song for May!


Mixing it up a little here. This one is much slower than my usual. It's also, frankly, much hippier than my usual. But wow, the energy of this song is just great. It just makes you feel good. It's definitely not a "run angry" song. It's a "run happy" song. Big time.

It's Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros (I know, right?) with 40 Day Dream. Regular version here and awesome live version right about here.

This one is just right for a longer race like a marathon or half marathon. It was perfect as a pick-me-up in my recent 50k...and I needed a pick-me-up in that one, so trust me here.

These guys could be straight out of the early 70's, with every friend they could find in the band, playing any instrument they found laying around. Just awesome.

"I inhaled just a little bit,
Now I got no fear of death."

You can't argue with that.

Past Best Running Songs:
April: Foxy Shazam / "Unstoppable"
March: Pharrell / "Fun Fun Fun"
February: Puff Daddy / "Come With Me"
January: We Are Scientists / "The Great Escape"
December: Cee Lo Green / "F**k You"
November: Tokyo Police Club / "Breakneck Speed"
October: Two Door Cinema Club / "Something Good Can Work"
September: Stone Temple Pilots / "Cinnamon"
August: Louis XIV / "Guilt by Association"
July: Devo / "Fresh"
June: Saliva / "Your Disease"
May: Metric / "Gold Guns Girls"
April: OK Go / "This Too Shall Pass"
March: The Hours / "Ali In The Jungle"
February: Los Fabulosos Cadillacs / "El Matador"
January: White Rabbits / "Percussion Gun"
December: Deftones / "Knife Prty"
November: The Kooks / "Always Where I Need To Be"
October: At the Drive In / "One Armed Scissor"
September: Silversun Pickups / "Lazy Eye"
August: Joe Strummer and the Mescaleros / "Johnny Appleseed"
July: Deathray / "I Wanna Lose Control (Uh Oh)"
June: Raconteurs / "Salute Your Solution"
May: Tea Party / "Save Me"
April: Bloc Party / "Like Eating Glass"
Ever: The English Beat / "I Confess"

No comments:

Post a Comment