Saturday, July 13, 2013

Hansons Marathon Method - Review in Progress - Day 64 and 65 of 123



And we've got another installment of "Do as I say, not as I do!" for your reading pleasure!

So after another horrible tempo day on Thursday, I went out Friday with a bit of a bad temper. So even though the official Hansons plan called for 6 miles at an easy pace, no faster than 8:50 per mile, I couldn't stop myself from pushing it pretty much all the way through. I won't tell you the things I said to myself during the run, but they weren't complimentary. So even though it was another warm day, the pace looked pretty good for an easy day.



Take out the stoplights on the route and it was even faster.



Not a single mile even close to the pace I was supposed to be running.

BAD SCOTT! NO COOKIE!

Obviously, the reason that you don't want to push it on the easy days is that you'll have nothing in the tank for the next few days.

And so...Saturday.



Strangely enough, I felt pretty good today. The Hansons workout for today was 10 miles easy. Again, my pace was supposed to be in the 8:50 to 9:50 range. I had no problem keeping that pace today.



Well, until the last two miles. Around mile 8, I suddenly got a severe case of the Newports. I had to seriously tighten it up over the last two miles. My stomach just went south in a hurry.



My legs felt pretty good though, so luckily my stupidity from yesterday didn't hurt my run today.

But don't be like the R's! Follow the plan!

See you tomorrow.

Go buy the book:

No comments:

Post a Comment