Thursday, July 4, 2013

Hansons Marathon Method - Review in Progress - Day 56 of 123



It was tempo run Thursday and it didn't go swimmingly.

I'm hoping that it was just a fluke bad day - my training has actually been going pretty well - but I just never got into the run today. I really hope that it's not a sign of something going poorly overall, since we're nearly halfway through this thing.

First, the excuses: I'm not a morning runner and I had to wake up and get this one done early to join up with the Fourth of July celebrations going on later in the day. I've still got a bit of a cold and am having trouble getting enough oxygen, especially when I try to turn up the pace. It was hot. And finally, I ran into, literally, a race going the other way while I was stuck on the bike path down Riverside Park.

So basically it went like this.

Hansons plan for today: an 8 mile tempo run at 7:50 pace.

What I actually ran: alternating slow miles with tempo miles. Meaning I only ran four out of the eight total at my pace.



I'm not happy.

Go buy the book:

No comments:

Post a Comment