Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Hansons Marathon Method - Review in Progress - Day 68 of 123



So starting off on Week 11 here, we no longer do "speed" work on Tuesdays. Now we do "strength" work, although it's still plenty fast.

To make it easy to figure out, the Hansons call the Strength pace like this: goal marathon pace less 10 seconds. So for me, since my goal pace is 7:50, all of my Strength runs for the next 8 Tuesdays need to be run at 7:40 pace.

Easy peasy.

Well...

So today the workout consisted of six 1-mile strength runs at 7:40 pace, with .25m recovery in between at 9:30 or so pace. Throw in a half-mile warmup and a half-mile cooldown and you've got an eight and a half mile day.

I actually felt really good through the first four. The last two were more of a struggle, but I hit the pace on every single one, so I earned my day off tomorrow.

See you Thursday.

Go buy the book:

No comments:

Post a Comment