Monday, July 22, 2013

Hansons Marathon Method - Review in Progress - Days 71, 72 and 73 of 123



These three workouts were done in the blazing heat and dry, dry air of Ellensburg, Washington. Tough place to run.

As I mentioned last time, the runs were as follows:

Friday:
-7 miles easy
--We were staying at a camp up in the foothills, so the Friday and Saturday runs were downhill for the first half, then uphill for the second half. Also tough.

Saturday:
-8 miles easy
--Down, down, down...up, up, up. On this one, I had the additional pleasure of a seriously upset stomach during the last few miles of the run. The camp food was NOT agreeing with me.

Sunday:
-16 miles at 8:30 or better.
--Well, for the first 10 miles, I dropped about 1000 feet, so I didn't have any issues making pace through ten. It got a little tougher after that, although I didn't turn around on this one, I just kept running right into Ellensburg proper, then had my brother pick me up and drive me back. Otherwise, you would have seen the vultures picking at me along the side of the road somewhere along the uphill return.

Back to Corvallis and back to normal for Monday's workout.

Go buy the book:

No comments:

Post a Comment