Sunday, July 28, 2013

Hansons Marathon Method - Review in Progress - Day 80 of 123



And here we go.

The Sunday workout - the last day of week 12 - was an easy 10 miles. My third 10 mile day in a row, as a matter of fact. My legs were tired but felt a little better than yesterday.

Here's the pace, in graph form:



It's been a while since I've had a nice consistent run. This one was pretty good. The little up spikes are glitches. The big down spikes are stoplights. So now you know why I need to use the average pace from the Garmin instead of the overall pace. Just in a short 10 mile run, I ended up waiting at 8 stoplights. A few are hard to see, but there are actually four lights in four blocks right around the 41:00 minute mark. I can usually only hit one for sure and have to wait for at least two and often three.

Here are all the stats, including the average pace:



Started out nicely, then hit a little lull mentally, but that happens on a 10 miler all by yourself. I was happy that I rallied on mile 10 for a solid 8:36 mile. I felt pretty good overall.

It also didn't hurt any that it was around 10-15 degrees cooler today than the last few days.

Go buy the book:

No comments:

Post a Comment