Saturday, July 27, 2013

Hansons Marathon Method -Review in Progress - Days 78 and 79 of 123



OK, results!

You may recall, I switched up the Thursday and Friday workouts this week to try to give my legs an extra "easy" day, so I could perform a little better on the weekly tempo workout. To the chalkboard for science!

Or not. It did go well, I just don't have any good numbery, Garmin proof, since Friday was another mid-90s day and I didn't dare try to run a long tempo outside. So I headed over to Dixon and jumped on a treadmill. My legs did feel fresher right off the bat, there was no doubt. I blasted through the first 4.5 miles without any issue (the treadmills automatically turn off after 35 minutes, so that's about how far I can go before I have to start the whole thing over again). The second 35 minutes went pretty well. I made it to about 7 miles before I started having trouble keeping the pace. I was supposed to do 9 miles at race/tempo pace this week. The last two miles were a little over - more like 8:00-8:10 pace.

So the workout went something like this:

-.5m warmup
-9m at 7:50 (almost!)
-.5m cooldown

For a total of 10 miles.

I don't know...are the tempo's supposed to be easy to do? Should I be blasting through these? Because they're not easy for me - they're hard as hell. If you're wondering how I plan to run 26.2 miles at that pace...well, I'm wondering too. A little over five weeks left. Time to get into a little better shape, but I'm starting to worry a bit.

Today's workout for Day 79 was 10 miles easy. It was hot and my legs were pretty shot, so I didn't expect too much, but I got through it OK.



Back at it tomorrow with another 10 miler. That will make three 10 mile days in a row. See you then.

Go buy the book:

No comments:

Post a Comment