Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Hansons Marathon Method - Review in Progress - Day 103 of 123



OK, today was a "strength" training day. In other words, the speed/strength sections of the workout should be done at 10 seconds faster than your goal pace. For my Boston pace of 7:50, that means I should have run 7:40's. Of course, now that I'm doubting that I'll run Boston pace, I was thinking I might try to do today's strength segments around 8:15 or 8:20.

...and, of course, as soon as I thought that, I actually had a decent workout and did all the strength segments right around 8:00.

Yes, I have no idea what I'm going to do in three weeks. None.

Tuesday:

-1 mile warmup
-4 x 1.5 miles at goal marathon pace minus 10 seconds
-4 x .5 miles recovery in between
-2 miles cooldown (I had to run home, so it turned out to be two miles)

It was a hot one today, so as you can see from the map, I found a fairly shaded loop and ran it four times, then ran home. Well, the first mile of the loop was shaded, then the last .5 mile, I just ran around the rubberized square "track" at OSU Legacy Park. Absolutely no shade on that section, but at least it's nice and flat.

I felt pretty good during the strength sections. Better than I had felt since we got back from vacation. But man, were my legs dead on the two miles home. Oof.

Day off tomorrow.

Go buy the book:

No comments:

Post a Comment