Thursday, August 22, 2013

Hansons Marathon Method - Review in Progress - Day 105 of 123



Well, I've progressed a bit these days. It used to be that I'd do my fast workouts too slowly. Now, I'm doing my slow workouts too fast!

OK, first, let's remember that I'm not on the exact Hansons schedule today or tomorrow. That is, I am on the exact schedule, only reversed. Clear? Good.

So today I ran the Friday workout of 6 miles easy. Tomorrow I'll run the Thursday tempo workout of 10 miles at race pace.

So today...

What can I say? I had complete cloud cover and temps in the mid-70's. It was the best running weather I've had in literally two months. So did I go a little faster than I should have?

Yes. Yes, I did.

I did a route with a bit of uphill on the first three miles, then turned around and came back home, getting the downhill on the second half. Here are my splits.



Yes, those splits on miles four, five and six are way, way too fast for an "easy" day. But I never felt like I was pushing it too hard. I felt pretty easy the whole way, so I just kept going.

Of course, the issue may come tomorrow. Hopefully, I didn't waste my legs today for no good reason when I'm trying to run 10 straight miles at tempo pace tomorrow.

We'll see.

Go buy the book:



No comments:

Post a Comment