Saturday, August 3, 2013

Hansons Marathon Method - Review in Progress - Day 85 and 86 of 123




OK, let's catch up.

Day 85 - Friday
-Remember, this was actually Thursday's tempo workout that I moved a day later.
-This one should have gone like this:
--1m warmup
--9m at 7:50 pace
--1m cooldown

In reality, I cut it a bit short at the end. Real-life stuff getting in the way. I just didn't have enough time. I almost got it done though.

--1m warmup
--6m at pace, or close to it



--2m inside on the treadmill at about 8:45
--no cooldown

Some good and bad here. I was happy to finally just get outside for a tempo workout. I was pretty happy with my pace for the six miles outside. It was hot and I wasn't exactly always on a great surface, but I felt like I was getting at or near my pace without too much effort. On the other hand, I was supposed to do 9 miles of tempo, and I didn't do it, and I'm not sure I could have done it.

Hmmm...

Day 86 - Saturday
-8 miles easy

Tired, hot, dead legs, stomach ache...brutal. Good thing Carson was on her bike keeping me company or I may have just turned around early on this one.

Long one tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment