Sunday, May 12, 2013

Hansons Marathon Method - Review in Progress - Day 4 of 123



OK, I'm a little slow, but I've figured out why the Hansons start you on a Thursday for their Advanced Marathon Program. Today I was supposed to run my first "long" Sunday run: an easy 8 miler. The Hansons Marathon Method theory is that the long run should not be more than 25% of your total weekly mileage. So far this week, we've done a 6m on Thursday, a 6m on Friday, a 6m on Saturday...and an 8m today.

You see where I'm going with this right? If the Hansons wanted to start the first long run at 8 miles, they had to cap the weekly mileage pretty low, so that 8m would only be 25% of your total.

Yeah, it's sort of cheating, but whatever.

I went up and down Bald Hill...twice...for my 8 miles today. You know, because I've already signed up for this: Run for the Hills 30k. I wish I hadn't signed up, since a hilly 18 miler isn't really on the Hansons' schedule for that day, but what's done is done.

Here's the elevation of today's run:



And here's my all-over-the-board pace because of the hills:



Back to a more normal day tomorrow.


Go buy the book:

No comments:

Post a Comment