Saturday, May 18, 2013

Hansons Marathon Method - Review in Progress - Day 9 and 10 of 123

Better known as Friday and Saturday of the 2nd week of the Hansons Advanced Program. If you didn't know better, you'd think I was training for a 10k, with an easy 6 miler yesterday and another easy 6 miler today. Don't worry, starting next week, things get much more interesting and variable. Right now, we're still working on the "cumulative fatigue" theory. And indeed, my legs were tired going out today, although once I got into the run, I didn't feel too bad.

So yesterday, I ran home from work for my 6 miles.



Well, clearly not straight home, as that would barely get me 3 miles. But eventually, I made it home. Again, my pace was supposed to be between 8:50 and 9:50. I'm having a little trouble going slowly enough, but I'm trying. That will become more important next week, once I start having a "speed" day, a "tempo" day, and a "long run" day all in the same week. You don't want to waste your legs on the easy runs when you're looking at that line up.



Today, I went out into the morning rain and headed out to the Midge Cramer Path.



Again, had some trouble keeping my pace slow enough, especially on the way home, when I was heading downhill and smelling the barn. Overall, though, I'm pretty happy with the way my body is responding to the increased workload: not too sore, not too tired, not too overwhelmed.



So far, so good. Long run tomorrow.

Oh, and if you have bad hayfever and pollen allergies like I do...I feel your pain.



Just so you know, that's not from poison oak or nettles or any other scary plant. That's just from running into plain old weeds and having the pollen hit my skin. Yeah, I love Spring.



And this was on a rainy day! And yes, I'm fully dosed on Allegra - it doesn't stop this kind of thing at all. I realize I could run on the cement and totally avoid the weeds, but I sort of like running on the dirt once in a while. It makes me happy. Doesn't do much for my legs though.


Go buy the book:

No comments:

Post a Comment