Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Hansons Marathon Method - Review in Progress - Days 5 and 6 of 123



Yeah, I'm a day late, but yesterday's workout was more of the same: an easy 6 miler. I can see what they mean by "cumulative fatigue" as yesterday was my fifth straight day with 6 miles or more.

And today? Today, my friends, we had our first speedwork day on the Hansons Advanced Plan.

It went a little something like this:

What I was supposed to do:
-1 mile easy warmup
-12 x .25m at 7:00 pace, with
-12 x .25m recovery between each one at 10:00 pace
-1 mile easy cooldown

What I actually did:
-.5 mile easy warmup (I was afraid of leaving it at the starting line)
-12 x .25m at 7:15 pace, with
-12 x .25m recovery between each one at 9:50 pace
-.5 mile easy cooldown

I really tried to get to the 7:00 pace on the 400's, but I just couldn't do it. I was afraid I'd run out of gas after about 7 or 8 of them if I did them any faster than 7:15. Ah well, hopefully the speed will come as I get into better shape.

And tomorrow? Yes! My first off day!

See you on Thursday.

Go buy the book:

No comments:

Post a Comment