Monday, May 20, 2013

Hansons Marathon Method - Review in Progress - Day 12 of 123



And just like that, we're 10% through the program. Wow.

So today was, that's right, an easy 6 miler. As you can see from the map above, I took a very orderly path home after watching Payton run the 100m hurdles at his track meet at Cheldelin Middle School.

Pace was good, although I had to fight through that bane of the city runner: the stoplight.



Yes, those three huge valleys would be the three stoplights where I cooled my heels. Other than that, decent pace.

The air quality today was a different story. I can't remember a worse day for my hay fever since we moved to Corvallis. The pine trees seem to be the main culprits. I could actually feel my throat closing up when I ran under big ones. It was just brutal.



So now that we're in week three, the Hansons program starts to get serious. More variation in the workouts now and the long runs start to creep longer.

Up tomorrow: speed work!

Go buy the book:

No comments:

Post a Comment