Friday, May 31, 2013

Hansons Marathon Method - Review in Progress - Day 23 of 123



And it's time for "do as I say, not as I do."

So, if you recall, I was floundering a bit, oh say two months ago. I was adrift. Lost. Wandering. I was a man without a plan.

So I signed up for the Run for the Hills. A 30k. Trail Run. With this elevation profile.

Seemed like a good idea at the time. I needed something to do.

Of course, just after I signed up for the Run for the Hills, I finally pulled the trigger and decided on my Fall marathon: the Skagit Flats Marathon, on September 8th. That meant I had to get cracking on my 18-week training plan from the Hansons pretty darn quick.

And now you're caught up.

I'm supposed to be doing an easy 6 miles today, an easy 8 miles tomorrow and another easy 8 miles on Sunday.

Well, I've got a decidedly non-easy 18.5 mile trail run on Sunday, so...

I've decided to taper just a bit today and tomorrow as I head into that long run on Sunday. Instead of 6 miles today, I did 4 easy. I'm also going to short my 8 miler tomorrow. I'll still end up over on the week because of the 10 extra miles I'm doing on Sunday. I'm hoping to take it easy at the race so it doesn't also scramble my Monday workout. We'll see...



So the lesson for the day, boys and girls, is to follow your training plan, no matter what. Do NOT do what the R's does! They are not role models!

Go buy the book:

No comments:

Post a Comment