Saturday, June 15, 2013

Hansons Marathon Method - Review in Progress - Day 36 and 37 of 123



We're getting into the meat of the program now - coming toward the end of week six.

And it's been a tough couple of days, let me tell you. I think it's mainly because the Hansons theory of cumulative fatigue is catching up with me. I had a tough, tough tempo run on Thursday, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised that my Friday and Saturday runs were battles.

So...

Friday:

-6 miles easy

Sounds like it shouldn't be much of an issue, right? Well, my legs were so dead. Every mile was a struggle. Maybe the worst run of the entire program so far. So much for 6 miles easy.



Strictly speaking, I guess I was within the limits of my easy pace of 8:50-9:50, although miles 3 and 4 were on the very, very outside edge.

Tough...

Saturday:



-10 miles easy.

Ten miles? On a Saturday?!?

What's up with that?

I think I would have been OK today, my legs were much better than yesterday...but it was HOT.



So the first five miles were solid. Really, the first eight were pretty good. But then the wheels fell off.



I cut it about a half-mile short because my house was right there and there was just no way I was going past it, even for a half-mile. I actually have a shorter run tomorrow than today...on my long run Sunday?!?

And thank god for that.

Go buy the book:

No comments:

Post a Comment